List: The Books That Made Me
Even though I have become a computer person who rarely chooses to spend free time away from the computer, I still read sometimes. There also was a time when I did little but reading, so here's my personal canon of books you should have read in your lifetime.
- Erich Fromm: To Have or to Be?
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: Faust
- Friedrich Nietzsche: Thus Spoke Zarathustra
- Virginia Woolf: A Room of One's Own
- John Irving: The World According to Garp
- Hermann Hesse: Siddhartha
- J.R.R Tolkien: The Lord of the Rings
- Robert M. Pirsig: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
- David Foster Wallace: Girl with Curious Hair
- Philipp Kerr: The Second Angel